AM draws attention to Tax Help service

MONMOUTH  Assembly Member Nick Ramsay is drawing constituents’ attention to an independent free tax advice service for older people on low incomes.

Tax Help for Older People is a registered charity, which specialises in giving advice to people over 60 (or their representatives) with an income under £20,000.

Speaking on Wednesday, Mr Ramsay said:

“Tax Help’s  philosophy is to help clients help themselves as far as possible, which means that their volunteer advisers give guidance, assistance, advice and support at the various stages of a matter, using their own discretion and judgement.

“Volunteers are able to help with a wide range of issues, including filling out forms, checking tax codes or resolving over or underpayments.

“I would urge anyone who feels they could benefit from the service Tax Help offers to contact their Helpline on 0845 601 3321 or 01308 48806. More information is also available on their website: .”

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s